Women United mobilizes women who strengthen our community by investing in and promoting programs that positively impact our community’s children, families and future.
San Antonio, along with our communities, created the Women’s Leadership Council (now Women United) in 1999 with a handful of volunteers and community leaders. With increasing power and influence in business and in giving, more women join Women United each year.
Today, over 3,100 women are members of Women United.
Council members engage with one another and the community in several ways: supporting education by adopting its signature cause, the Childcare Scholarship program; and participating in events and volunteer projects to learn, share, and grow. United Way’s Women United women continue to have a positive effect on developing successful children, helping students succeed in school, and strengthening families in our community.
Expanding Opportunity through Childcare Scholarships
Women United Events and Networking Opportunities
- 2019 Power of the Purse –United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County’s Women United Leadership Council (WULC) will host our annual Power of the Purse fundraising luncheon celebrating our 20th Anniversary in May 2019. Proceeds from the lunch go directly to the WULC Signature Cause – Childcare Scholarship Program. This program provides parents, who are pursuing higher education and/or full-time job training, with financial assistance for childcare. For more information, click here.
- Women United Mentoring Circles for Scholarship Recipients – NEW this year is the opportunity to volunteer and further engage with our Signature Cause by joining a mentoring group that will provide guidance, resources and encouragement to our current scholarship recipients to further assist them in their journey and connect our members to our cause. Learn more on our website as the program in launched in May.
- Speaker Series – Short interactive seminars and discussion focused on topics such as child development, women’s health, and community issues. Location, dates, times and topics will be emailed directly to you with a registration link.
- Scholarship Recipients Family Day – Each year we partner with local agencies to provide an enriching day of education and fun for our Childcare Scholarship recipients and their families. Be on the lookout for an announcement regarding this year’s plans.
- Women United Mingle – You have learned with us, shopped with us, and through your investment you have directly contributed to the improving the lives of families living in San Antonio and Bexar County. Now we invite you to celebrate with us as at our year-end Women United Social. Click image to see event pictures!
Click HERE for the Women United Network Newsbrief.
To learn more about Women United, view our Fact Sheet HERE. For more information or questions, contact: Toni-Marie Van Buren,
Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, at email@example.com or 210.352.7034.