Emergency Food and Shelter Program
The Bexar County Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) is a federal program administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) created by Congress in 1983 to help meet the needs of hungry and homeless people throughout the United States and its territories by allocating federal funds for the provision of food and shelter. United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is a sub-recipient and has a local board (#788600) that is responsible for the allocation of EFSP funds in its jurisdiction.
Thanks for your interest in the Bexar County Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP). THE PHASE 34 APPLICATION PERIOD CLOSED ON JUNE 16, 2017. Notifications are expected to be provided to funded agencies by August 15, 2017.
Phase 34 Application
- Application Instructions:
- Applications will be completed online using e-CImpact. Click HERE to access the application.
- Application DEADLINE is June 16, 2017 4:00 pm CST.
- Applications e-mailed or mailed/delivered to United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Phase 34 Timeline
- Bexar County has received an award in the amount of $595,520.
- The spending period will be October 1, 2016 through January 31, 2018. Local agencies responding to the RFP will have the opportunity to request funding to reimburse for past expenses back to October 1, 2016, as well as requesting funds to spend over the remaining term of Phase 34.
- Notifications are expected to be provided to funded agencies by August 15, 2017.
- Funding is released on a date selected by the EFSP National Board.
EFSP Funded Category Information
Other Foods: food pantries/food banks
Mass Shelter: per diem allowance of $12.50/person
Rental/Mortgage: one-month amount of rent or mortgage
Click HERE for Funding Criteria
- EFSP does not provide assistance directly to individuals. If you are an individual seeking emergency food and/or shelter services in Bexar County, call the United Way Helpline at 2-1-1 anytime day or night.
- For EFSP national program information visit efsp.unitedway.org.
- For additional information or questions, contact Susie Schumann at 210-352-7036 or email@example.com