The Bexar County Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) is a federal program administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) created by Congress in 1983 to help meet the needs of hungry and homeless people throughout the United States and its territories by allocating federal funds for the provision of food and shelter. United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is a sub-recipient and has a Local Board (#788600) that is responsible for the allocation of EFSP funds in its jurisdiction.
Emergency Food and Shelter Program
Phase 35 Application
- Access EFSP Phase 35 Application Guide HERE.
- Login to e-CImpact to complete and submit your application HERE.
- Application DEADLINE is May 4, 2018 at 4:00 pm CST.
- Applications e-mailed or mailed/delivered to United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Phase 35 Timeline
- Bexar County has received an award in the amount of $641,139.
- The spending period will be February 1, 2018 through a date determined by the Local Board.
- Notifications are expected to be provided to funded agencies by June 15, 2018.
- Funding is released on a date selected by the EFSP National Board.
EFSP Funded Category Information
- Served Meals: meal allowance of $2.00/person
- Other Foods: food pantries/food banks
- Mass Shelter: bed night allowance of $12.50/person
- Rental/Mortgage: one-month amount of rent or mortgage
Click HERE for Funding Criteria
- EFSP does not provide assistance directly to individuals. If you are an individual seeking emergency food and/or shelter services in Bexar County, call the United Way Helpline at 2-1-1 anytime day or night.
- For EFSP national program information visit efsp.unitedway.org.
- For additional information or questions, contact Susie Schumann at 210-352-7036 or firstname.lastname@example.org