Grants Awarded to Nonprofit Organizations
The COVID-19 Response Fund is providing general operating grants to qualifying area 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations with deep roots in community and strong experience in serving vulnerable populations in the following issue areas:
- Lack of health insurance and/or access to paid sick leave
- Economic impact of reduced and lost work
- Immediate needs of economically vulnerable population caused by COVID-19 related closures
- Increased demand for medical information and support due to fear and confusion among the most vulnerable residents
- Assistance with funding that can be used for food supplies, prescriptions/medical that is not covered by insurance, emergency shelter and cleanup of the disaster.
San Antonio Area Foundation staff evaluate grant applications and share recommendations with an advisory committee comprised of fund contributors to make award decisions. Decisions are made twice a week and applicants are notified within ten business days. Awards are then provided to nonprofit partners electronically, expediting the funding process. The goal is to mobilize and deploy flexible resources where and when they are critically needed, focusing most on our community’s most vulnerable populations. For more information and to apply, click here.