In an effort to encourage post-secondary education, United Way provides childcare scholarships to help parents with the cost of childcare while they are enrolled in college full-time or working and enrolled part-time. Students apply through their college or university and work with a case manager throughout the year. Scholarships are supported by the Women’s Leadership Council, Children’s Issue Council and other donor dollars. Scholarships may only be used for childcare; payments are made directly to the childcare provider.
Deadline for submission will be April 17, 2017. Awarded recipients will receive funding starting in the Fall of 2017.
See below for further information.
Parents selected for childcare scholarships must meet the following criteria:
Be enrolled in school or technical skills training for a minimum of 12 hours if not working, or enrolled for a minimum of 6 hours if working 19 or more hours weekly
- Not be enrolled in graduate school; this scholarship is for individuals attending job training schools or earning their Associate or Bachelor degree
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Provide referral agent all class and/or work schedules when available, and must keep referral agent informed of changes in contact information, employment and school status
- Have demonstrated financial need
- Not qualified, or have been denied or wait-listed, for any other eligible childcare assistance
- Not currently enrolled in Child Care Services subsidizes child care program
- Have a demonstrated plan for reaching his/her educational and employment goals
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States and a resident of Bexar County
- Be screened by a referral agent and selection committee
2017-2018 CHILDCARE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION NOW OPEN. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS APRIL 17, 2017.
DOWNLOAD FALL 2017 APPLICATION HERE.
- Please have an academic or career advisor review your application before submitting to United Way.
- Please do not submit copies of citizenship, residency documentation or Social Security numbers/cards.
- Deadline for submission: April 17, 2017.
- Submit applications to email@example.com.
- Funding begins Fall 2017
For additional information or questions, contact Katherine King at 210.352.7106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.