In an effort to encourage post-secondary education, United Way provides childcare scholarships to help parents with the cost of childcare while they are enrolled in college full-time or working and enrolled part-time. Students apply through their college or university and work with a case manager throughout the year. Scholarships are supported by Women United, Children’s Issue Council and other donor dollars. Scholarships may only be used for childcare; payments are made directly to the childcare provider.
2018 CHILDCARE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION NOW OPEN. Deadline for submission is Monday, October 2, 2017.
See below for further information.
Parents selected for childcare scholarships must meet the following criteria:
Be enrolled in school or technical skills training for a minimum of 12 hours if not working, or enrolled for a minimum of 6 hours if working 19 or more hours weekly
- Not be enrolled in graduate school or hold a baccalaureate level degree; this scholarship is for individuals attending job training schools or earning their associate or first time bachelor’s degree
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Provide referral agent all class and/or work schedules when available, and must keep referral agent informed of changes in contact information, employment and school status
- Have demonstrated financial need
- Not qualified, or have been denied or wait-listed, for any other eligible childcare assistance
- Not currently enrolled in Child Care Services subsidizes child care program
- Have a demonstrated plan for reaching his/her educational and employment goals
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States and a resident of Bexar County
- Be screened by a referral agent and selection committee
2018 CHILDCARE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ARE NOW OPEN.
- Please download the application (note: application may take a few moments to load in new tab) and submit your typed application to your academic, career advisor or referral agent. CLICK HERE to download 2018 application.
- All applications must be reviewed by your referral agent who will submit your application electronically to United Way no later than Monday, October 2, 2017.
- If you do not have a referral agent, please contact Katherine King at 210.352.7106 or email@example.com to be connected with the appropriate resource.
- Please do not submit copies of citizenship, residency documentation or Social Security numbers/cards.
- Deadline for submission: October 2, 2017
- Funding begins January 2018.
For additional information or questions, contact Katherine King at 210.352.7106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.