Born Learning Trail
Born Learning Trail
Everyday life is a learning experience for children. Born Learning is an innovative public engagement campaign that helps parents, caregivers and communities create quality early learning opportunities for young children. A Born Learning Trail contains 10 interactive signs with activities for adults to engage in with young children to turn an outdoor trip into a fun learning experience. A Born Learning Trail provides young children with an opportunity to get active, have fun and boost language and literacy skills.
United Way is looking for community partners to help install new trails throughout the community. See sponsorship information HERE.
Local Born Learning Trails
Trails coming soon:
- Citi Bank sponsored trail at Garza Park (10/28)
- ReadyKidSA sponsored trail at Martinez Park
- H-E-B sponsored trail at Culebra Creek Park
- Young Men’s’ Service League North San Antonio Chapter at AVANCE (10/21)
Born Learning is a national public engagement campaign designed to build United Way impact strategies, public support and political will for early childhood education. The campaign educates parents, caregivers, and communities. Born Learning is a tool for long-lasting community change that supports young children.
- Awareness and Education: Born Learning makes it simple and easy for parents, grandparents, informal caregivers and professional child care providers to find understand and apply the latest research to help children come to school ready to succeed.
- Action: Born Learning puts research-driven products — along with tools and templates for education and outreach — into communities through a national grassroots network that’s creating innovative ideas to help local children.
Is your company interested in sponsoring a trail? Sponsorship starts at $2,500.
This includes the key components for the Born Learning Trail kit: Ten (10) 12” x 24” signs (see sample signs on the next page). Each sign is printed with a unique, playful, engaging activity based on early learning outcomes. The kit also includes reusable stencils for shapes, letters, and a 12’ hopscotch court that all relate to the sign activities. Signs include the United Way logo and the logo of the sponsoring company or organization. Optional items could include: Portable trail and signs in Spanish.
Born Learning Trail Donations
Though sponsorship starts at $2,500, gifts of any and all sizes are appreciated! We need a variety of supplies (paint, brushes, rollers, brooms, gloves, etc.) for each installation and yearly maintenance of the trails. Thank you for considering a gift to this unique opportunity for children across Bexar County.