Get Help – Dial 2-1-1
You may also find help by accessing the 2-1-1/United Way Helpline online database.
– Free and Confidential
– Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays
– Staffed by trained and certified call specialists
– Spanish and Language Line translation also available
– Comprehensive data base – accurate and updated regularly
Services are both free and confidential to those seeking help regardless of age, life-style or issue. To communicate with a Call Specialist call 211 or 227-HELP (4357) anytime day or night.
Dialing 2-1-1 is a starting point for making a connection to community services such as:
- Food and clothing
- Legal help
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Child care
- Counseling/mental health
- Income tax preparation
- Smoke detectors
- Project Cool (provides free box fans and heat precautions handouts to senior citizens (age 60 and older) to help alleviate the health risks posed by severe summer heat)
- or many other services
Are you an agency that wants to be added to our database?
- Read our Database Inclusion Policy
- Database Inclusion Forms
2-1-1 Texas/United Way Help Line is a public/private partnership between Texas Health and Human Services Commission and the United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.