Accountability Review Volunteer Opportunities
Have you ever wondered…..
- If your dollars being used to support strong, well-managed programs?
- How we make sure the agencies your money is invested in are helping?
- What impact United Way really having on the community?
The answer is…..
- Caring people like you, serving as Accountability Review volunteers.
- We ask volunteers from across the community to conduct the reviews.
- Our volunteers are donors who want to know.
How does it work? Volunteers….
- Must be objective.
- Represent United Way Donors.
- Participate in an orientation to understand United Way’s expectations for agencies and programs.
- Review materials and information provided by the agencies.
- Use checklist to review the critical areas.
- Conduct a site visit to the agency.
- Meet as a team to discuss.
Tell me more…….
As an accountability review volunteer, you will evaluate assigned agencies and help ensure donor dollars are invested in programs that are making a real difference in people’s lives. Volunteer teams review and assess partner agencies on quality standards which measure an agency’s ability to demonstrate success and competency in four key areas: governance, finance, administration and program outcomes.
You will be asked to invest about 15 hours total over a three month period (January through March)
A 1.5 hour orientation and training session will teach you how to understand and interpret program designs and program outcomes
A significant portion of the review is conducted on-line from any computer
You will visit four to five agencies to learn about the agency and their United Way funded programs
Accountability Review volunteers are needed to serve February – March. Multiple orientations and training will be held in November and December. Please CLICK HERE for more information and to register. All training dates as well as meeting times and locations are provided through e-CImpact.
For more information, contact: Andrew Sasseville firstname.lastname@example.org 210.352.7098